On Tuesday, January 31, the Florida Center for Cybersecurity (FC2) collaborated with Passcode from The Christian Science Monitor for "Defeating Ransomware" – a free event that explored the impact and challenges of dealing with ransomware, a common malware that locks computer files until victims pay up.
"Defeating Ransomware" took place at the Center for Advanced Medical Learning and Simulation (CAMLS) in downtown Tampa and featured cybersecurity experts from government and industry:
- Mike McConnell, Vice Admiral USN (Ret.); Former Director of National Intelligence; Senior Executive Advisor, Booz Allen Hamilton; Chairman, Florida Center for Cybersecurity Board of Advisors
- Jason Raymond, CISO, Guidewell/ Florida Blue
- Paul Vitchock, Supervisory Special Agent, Tampa FBI Cyber Squad
- Virginia Lee, VP, Technology, Cyber Security, Nielsen
- David Siles, CTO, DataGravity