Florida statute 1004.444 states that the goals of the center are to
- Position Florida as the national leader in cybersecurity and its related workforce through education, research, and community engagement.
- Assist in the creation of jobs in the state's cybersecurity industry and enhance the existing cybersecurity workforce.
- Act as a cooperative facilitator for state business and higher education communities to share cybersecurity knowledge, resources, and training.
- Seek out partnerships with major military installations to assist, when possible, in homeland cybersecurity defense initiatives.
- Attract cybersecurity companies to the state with an emphasis on defense, finance, health care, transportation, and utility sectors.
Making Florida the Cyber State